Friday, April 15, 2011

Bus Trip by Raymond G. Falgui

(I read this poem in the train I rode today on the way home. I liked it so much, I wanted to share it with you guys.)


sticking my head out the window
on a bus flying past the legal limit,
the wind whistles through one ear
and blasts a hole out the other –-
screaming, it tugs at the roots of my hair –-
drawing tears that
only disappear.

the world is so much a blur
when seen better

(excuse me, the wind blew the words apart)

the world is so much better
when seen as a blur

1st Prize, Tulaan sa Tren 2 Poetry-writing Contest,
English Category
Read by Harlene Bautista

1 comment:

  1. http://www.thepoc.net/files/poclit/TulaanSaTren2.pdf

    Here are other poems from Tulaan sa Tren, btw! :D

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Secrets

There are secrets I must keep from you little treasures that I like to keep close You cannot peek! I must lock these up like a schoolgirl...

Popular