Saturday, March 30, 2024

Secrets

There are secrets
I must keep from you
little treasures
that I like to keep close
You cannot peek!
I must lock these up
like a schoolgirl's diary
that you may not read
because you might
unwittingly, stop
adding to
my tiny collection (oh no!)

of stolen glances,
the butterflies you send
down my belly,
of humming little tunes,
as your fingers
trace smooth lines
on my hand when
we hold them together,
your dancing
of tiny dances
when you think
I am not watching,
and your every chuckle
to my every silly story,
your shy forehead kisses
barely brushing
against my hairline,
and the most precious piece--
the glint in your eyes
how you light up
at the sight of me

so you see,
still waters need not be troubled,
some things need not be said
about something as silly
as a secret crush
on my husband-to-be.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Secrets

There are secrets I must keep from you little treasures that I like to keep close You cannot peek! I must lock these up like a schoolgirl...

Popular