Friday, June 27, 2014

Princeless

In her shining ivory tower
Way up above the clouds
She has all she could ever need
All her whims, all without delay

In her sprawling glittered prison
Away from the world below
She languishes ever so slowly
With no voice, no say, no escape

By the window, the light of the sun
Kisses her face, replenishes faith
That a prince will come to save her
Liberate her from the bonds that consume

Day by day, she dies a slow death
Waiting for a miracle beyond her reach
No prince will come to save her
The illusion is discarded, false hope shattered

She stands up and throws it all away
With no need to cling to delusions
She will save herself this time
Descend to the world below, her resolve renewed

written by Aaron Ong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I write less now

Sadness was my muse, I lived with her for decades she held me and cried with me in the dark, and I held her close, immortalized her in my wr...

Popular