Monday, August 23, 2021

Sunlight

"Love is something like the clouds that were in the sky before the sun came out." - Anne Sullivan to Helen Keller, about love.

Soft, soft sunlight, 
joined me homebound, today,
the captivating sight
as she slowly emerged,
behind the late-afternoon haze,
no shadow in diffused light,
she doused the city
in a honey-dipped glow,
weaved electrical wires
into knots of gold,
small warmth
in the gentle breeze,
sweet yellow-orange kisses,
on my hair,
on my cheeks,
summoning pink
back into my sallow skin
the shine into my eyes,
coloring in
reviving
reminding
as she held me
in her soft hands,
the sunlight is still
within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Answer

Life is but a series of questions-- mysteries unfolding, and the answers come slowly unraveling, quietly waiting for their own perfect timin...

Popular