Wednesday, November 9, 2011

You say I am the sun

You say
I am smiles and glitters and sunflowers
and beautiful mornings wrapped in crystal dew,
But
the sun would not have anywhere to rise,
if she did not have clear skies like you.

You say
I am sweets and warmth and kindness
and lazy afternoons for watching rabbit clouds go by,
But
the sun makes rainbows on her cold bitter days
when on your cloudy shoulders she does cry.

You say
I am color and radiance and glow
and blooming flowers in the dead of night,
But
the sun fades completely when she rests at dusk.
It is your full white moon that reflects her light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I write less now

Sadness was my muse, I lived with her for decades she held me and cried with me in the dark, and I held her close, immortalized her in my wr...

Popular