Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Two Vows

I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else but here,

Because it's not just a dream...

Feeling raindrops on my face and splashes of water on my feet,

And more than a wish...

Resting under the shade of a lone tree, out of the scorching heat,

Living for moments like these...

Under the stars, lying breathless from passion,

For all eternity to see...

Harsh frigid nights, warmed by your embrace,

Faith, Hope and Love...

Yes, all the loves that bring us to life.


-----

Author's note: I wanted to make two intertwined poems that make sense if you read them separately. And if you read them together as one whole poem, it makes the images stronger, fuller, and more developed. I hope this lived up to your expectations! haha

Furthermore, this was inspired by the recent wedding of my good friend, Jackie Santos to Miggy Escaño. Lastly, that last line was from "Love of Siam".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I write less now

Sadness was my muse, I lived with her for decades she held me and cried with me in the dark, and I held her close, immortalized her in my wr...

Popular