Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Walk

in the spring
i breathe you
with the smell
of rain waking
the sleeping ground
                   i taste you
                   in the summer sun
                   as the salty ocean
                   kisses sugary twilight
                                      so autumn crinkles
                                      i hear you
                                      writing letters
                                      to the listening crunchy
                                      fire red leaves beneath our feet
                                                         as snowflakes kiss my cheek
                                                         i feel you
                                                         and cold winds rob
                                                         the heat from our blood

1 comment:

Featured Post

I write less now

Sadness was my muse, I lived with her for decades she held me and cried with me in the dark, and I held her close, immortalized her in my wr...

Popular