Monday, October 6, 2014

a love poem for greta

i.
on a perfect day, i shall find you collecting seashells by the beach,
painting names on little coconuts, and munching on yellow cornchips

shall we swim with the dolphins or shall we dive for white pearls?
should we trace the letters of our stories and watch the sea carry them away?

either way, it would be perfect


ii.
on a perfect sunset, colored purple and sweet marmalade,
we shall find ourselves lying about on the cooling fine sand

shall we sketch boticelli's venus and draw seafoam on her hair? 
or shall our fingers trace animals on champagne tinted clouds?

either way, it would be perfect


iii.
on a perfect evening, with a constellation of little bears in the sky,
we shall be parting ways and saying our cheerful goodbyes

shall we meet again tomorrow to collect more wishes?
or shall i kiss you soft on the cheek, a gift to leave behind? 

either way, it would be perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I write less now

Sadness was my muse, I lived with her for decades she held me and cried with me in the dark, and I held her close, immortalized her in my wr...

Popular