Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Meeting

A curious thing indeed,
that somehow, we knew
just where to look.

The first time we met--
(you were terribly late)
I was watching you, flustered,
your half-moon eyes scanning the crowd,
for the stranger, unrecognizable
in my long hair, my black-rimmed spectacles.

Then you found me,
your gaze landing on
the smudged mascara
on the corner of my eye.
(endearing, you said, in hindsight,
and I would roll my eyes.)

We shook hands, our eyes met.
Though you quickly avoided mine,
(you were shy then)
in that one look,
the Fates caught sight,
spinning their invisible threads,
weaving us together.
We saw it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Answer

Life is but a series of questions-- mysteries unfolding, and the answers come slowly unraveling, quietly waiting for their own perfect timin...

Popular