Tuesday, November 22, 2022

birthday gift

the other days of the year:
you drove me through
streets winding along
the flower market.
I gazed at the displays,
arrays and bouquets,
of roses, carnations and irises.
while strolling with you
I took photos of blooms,
growing along the street.
you knew i loved them,
but you refused to gift
a love that lives then perishes.

then one special day:
you found your way to say,
"I love you," ardently
in full blossom.
preserved perfectly,
my sunflower in resin
glowing warm light
throughout the night--

my never-wither,
always-with-you,
gift for all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Answer

Life is but a series of questions-- mysteries unfolding, and the answers come slowly unraveling, quietly waiting for their own perfect timin...

Popular