Friday, November 11, 2022

A love letter from the depressed on 11/11 at 11:11PM

I used to fall in love
the way one falls asleep--
the sweet, lovely comfort
as one slips
restfully
into the softness
of madness and dreams,
flower petals
in the whirlwind

[then the rude awakening--
abandoned,
cold, shivering,
I would jump awake
eyes straining
in the dark
as he wrests his hand
from my grasp,
and I watch him leave,
shutting the door behind him.]

Years later, wide-eyed
you find me spent
long nights
[heartbroken]
without rest
or reprieve,
you hold me
in my sleeplesness,
under fluorescent lights
at 2AM,
and dreading the dawn

so you lie awake with me
well into the night,
braving my darkest
thoughts, every tear
you let me shed
in your arms,
and I fell
in love with you
the way one awakens
from a nightmare--

I love you, 
my good morning,
my prayer of gratitude,
my sun at daybreak,

I love you,
my cup of chocolate,
my warm showers,
my giver of beautiful,
beautiful days ahead,

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Secrets

There are secrets I must keep from you little treasures that I like to keep close You cannot peek! I must lock these up like a schoolgirl...

Popular