Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Valentine

"Happy", spelled out in the bold letters across your shirt. Your eyes turned into the usual little open parentheses when you spotted me, unable to hide the smile behind your mask. When I slipped my present into your hand, your face fell.

"I don't have a gift for you!" you cried apologetically as you pulled me in for a hug, "Thank you!"

Paying no mind the crowded restaurant, you spent the evening making me laugh. You loved watching and poking fun at the clumsy way I ate. It was just us in our goofy little bubble.

Taking a walk after the meal, you held my hand tightly, and put your arms around me whenever you could.

(And we talked, love, about spending the rest of our lives together.)

"Happy?" I asked, and you nodded yes.

"Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Secrets

There are secrets I must keep from you little treasures that I like to keep close You cannot peek! I must lock these up like a schoolgirl...

Popular