Monday, April 4, 2011

Painless

This is Day 2 Contribution, a drabble (500 words or less)

Title: Painless
Fandom: Harry Potter
Word count: 380+
Rating: GP
Pairing: None

Harry sat in front of the kitchen table at Number Twelve Grimmauld’s Place.

Avada Kedavra. Twice struck. Twice alive, he thought.

George sat opposite him, his head bent down. Sniff, “Fred shouldn’t have died”

“George, you know deep down that there was nothing we could do.” Harry tried to console him, “He died fighting for what he believed in.”

“I know. But it hurts like hell.” George drew his head up and answered back, “I wish it would have been me struck with the curse. At least, that’s painless.”

George buried his head in his arms and started crying again.

There’s no point in talking to a mourning man. There’s no reason behind the clouded judgment of a person who had his heart ripped off from his body. There’s not much sense you can get from a man who had a part of him die, Harry thought.

Harry took George's hand, pulled him up and dragged him to the drawing room.

He once again looked at the Black family tree. He searched for that one burnt spot: that only reminder of the existence of a man named Sirius Black. He then mumbled to himself in frustration, “Yes George. The curse is painless and the world beyond is beautiful. I could’ve been there with them in that painless and eternally peaceful world. But here I am, alive and also hurting...”

George started to argue, "But Harry that's diff-"

"Don't tell me it's different!" Harry screamed, "Sirius is dead. Fred is dead. They're both dead. They're people we both love. What difference does it make?!"

-oOo-

Ron and Hermione went to Grimmauld Place to check on Harry and George via the Floo network.

"Seriously, Ronald, those two shouldn't have been left on their own," ranted Hermione emerging from the fireplace, "They're both at wit's end!"

They continued walking towards the Kitchen looking for Harry and George.

"Why can't we just respect their privacy and let them be?" replied Ron, "They need time to grieve."

"They can mourn at the Burrow where some one could watch over them" Hermione retorted as they passed by the hall way.

Just then, a bright green flash escaped from the slightly open door of the drawing room.

"Harry?" called Hermione.

Ron opened the door but was dumbstruck with what he saw.

"Bloody Hell!"

3 comments:

Featured Post

I write less now

Sadness was my muse, I lived with her for decades she held me and cried with me in the dark, and I held her close, immortalized her in my wr...

Popular