Monday, April 4, 2011

Personal Gain

This is DAY 1 contribution.

One of my friends asked me to write for a fic challenge.. But I wasn't able to post this. So here goes:

CHALLENGE: Write a fanfiction made up only of quoted text. Actions and movement as well as the characters should be the discernable from the conversation.

Title: Personal Gain
Fandom: Charmed
Word count: 926
Rating: GP
Pairing: none

“For the last time, Chris Perry Halliwell, we do not use our powers to do our chores and we also do not use our powers on non-magical beings except innocents”
“Yes mom…”

“Do you understand?”

“Yes! I just did that because Gary was bullying everyone!”

“Still! We are not here to make people pay for their mistakes, we are here to protect the balance between good and evil… and STOP ROLLING YOUR EYES, young man!!”

“What am I supposed to do? Act as if nothing’s happening?”

“No! Do it in a ‘normal wa–”

“But I’m not normal! You’re not normal! Wyatt’s not normal! We’re witches for God’s sake!”

“…”

“…”

“You’re impossible, Chris… Argh! I’m running late… I’m need to get Melinda from her friends’ house. Wyatt! Will you take care of your brother?”

“Sure thing mom!”

“I don’t need a baby sitter!”

“No you don’t, but you need a brother who’ll teach you control”

“I don’t need it! I know when and how to use my powers!”

“Just like that time you used it on Gary?”

“He’s mean! He’s a bully! He deserves it!”

“Chris… as much as someone deserves to be orbed to God who knows where, our powers are not to be used on humans except if they’re caught in the middle of a magical battle…”

“But what about those times with Mom and her sisters?”

“Those are different… most of them are in a life or death situation… which then doesn’t make it, personal gain…”

“How touching…”

“WHAT? WHO SAID THAT?”

“WHO ARE YOU?”

“GARY?”

“Yes, Chris… Fortunately for you, I’m a demon.”

“A demon?”

“Stand back Chris, I’m going to toast him with my powers…”

“That ain’t going to work, O Twice Blessed One!”

“What? Ugggh!”

“Wyatt! Watch out!”

“My powers don’t work on him… Chris, don’t go near him!!!!”

“But why not?”

“Because my powers will nullify every witchy arsenal you have… Hahahaha! Now to get your soul”

“Wyatt, what do we do?”

“We fight hand-to-hand. Give me your hand Chris!”

“That’s not going to work Halliwells.”

“Isn’t it? You want my soul, right Gary?”

“I’ll give you his sole!”

“Umff…”

“Yeah! Nice kick, bro!”

“Great throw, Wyatt!”

“I’m not yet done with you. Do you think a mere kick would do me in?”

“Well not really, that’s why we have this.”

“Wyatt! Not the grand piano!”

“He---- Ouch!”

“Mom’s going to kill us if she finds out! She just bought that for Melinda.”

“Oh well, I guess, the insurance covers something like natural calamity, right?”

“You’re impossible Wyatt!”

“Don’t worry Chris, it runs in the fami--- look out! Fireball!”

“Argh! How’d you return my ammunition?”

“Well, let’s just say I propelled it back using my telekinetic powers, so even if you nullify my powers within 4 feet, the momentum kept it…”

“Stop the physics, ok? You! That wasn’t funny Gary!!”

“I was never a comedian witch…”

“Ok, wow Wyatt, I never knew demons are starting to get some sense of humor.”

“Don’t get smart with me witch. You were just lucky your brother bailed you out on that.”

“That’s not luck Gary! We’re just too powerful for you! Right Wyatt?”

“You bet! Now I think it’s time to finish you off. Are you ready Chris?”

“Yeah!”

“I don’t think so witch… you see this little necklace I have here?”

“So what? I don’t care about your stupid necklace. Get ready Chris.”

“Nah ah ah! When you vanquish me, the explosion would destroy the necklace.”

“We don’t care! I’m ready Wyatt.”

“But you see, when this is destroyed, it would emit what you might call ‘de-witching spores’.”

“Just our luck Chris, the spores would bind our powers.”

“Can’t we reverse the effect using a potion or the power of three?”

“I don’t want to risk it.”

“I guess you’re out of options, blondie!”

“Wyatt! Watch out!”

“But you’re still too slow demon. That fireball ain’t getting near me! Fireball!!”

“No! You dodged it!”

“Nice going, Wyatt!”
“Haha, it was easy!”

“Wyatt, I think I know how to defeat this guy. Call for Excalibur!”

“Excalibur!”

“Whatever you’re thinking, it’s not going to work boy!”

“I think I know, Chris.”

“Just shout out when you’re ready, Wyatt.”

“Resorting to desperate measures… I pity you witch!”

“Well, I guess you should save your pity on someone else, right Chris?”
“Yeah, you see, you may be immune to attacks of magical origin.”

“But you’re not immune to sharp objects! Now Chris!”

“Here’s your telekinetic boost, Wyatt!”
“Yaaaaaaaah!!”

“Uggh! You… stabbed… meeeee! NOOOOOOh!”

“Wyatt! Be careful!”

“Noooooooooo!!!”

“Oh crap! Chris, trap me with the crystals so the spores won’t spread!”

“Crystals!!!”

“*cough* *cough*”

“Wyatt?”

“*cough* *cough*”

“Wyatt? Are you alright? I can’t see through with all the smoke!!”

“Yeah! I’m just destroying the spores with my powers.”

“How come you can use you’re powers now?”
“The demon’s dead.”

“Oh yeah!”

“Done! You can release the barrier now, Chris!”
“It worked!”

“Of course it did!”

“So the legend is true, the bearer of Excalibur becomes impervious to all magical attacks!”

“Oh well Wyatt, so much for being grounded for excessive of our powers for personal gain...”

“Yeah… and the grand piano too!”

“We can fix that!”

“No Chris! That would be personal gain!”

“Hey! We just kicked some demon’s butt, it’s just right that we sort of get some help in cleaning up.”

“Ok, ok! But just this once, you can do it Chris…”

“Cool! Here goes, ‘Let the object of obsession become nothing but a dream as I cause this scene to be unseen’…”

3 comments:

  1. whoa sir! this really challenges one's imagination! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha ang hirap niya gawin.. at basahin.. since you have to know the characters to some degree...

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

I write less now

Sadness was my muse, I lived with her for decades she held me and cried with me in the dark, and I held her close, immortalized her in my wr...

Popular