Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Forgetting

The moment I open my eyes in the morning, I see traces of your smile in the afterglow. The light from the almost midday sun has burned away all remnants of tears into healthy sweat.

I fill myself up to the brim with the day's promises. Today I will be happy. And I am. It is easy to forget when there is nothing to remind me of you.

Night falls and I prolong the day until it succumbs. Alas, there is nothing left but the light in my mind where you dwell. You glow brighter when I close my eyes and even brighter when I dream.

And for a few hours again tonight I bathe in your light. And for a few hours again tonight I cry for the surreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I write less now

Sadness was my muse, I lived with her for decades she held me and cried with me in the dark, and I held her close, immortalized her in my wr...

Popular