Thursday, October 2, 2014

Extensions I

1,2, 3,
I confess that I have this obsession
to clinging onto something, even long after it’s supposed to be over,
Because of the ever-recurring what ifs and
The persistent, lingering maybes.
4, 5,
Just a little bit longer.
6, 7,
Just for a little while.
8,
His voice haunts me as I try to sense a little bit of chance
I will wait for even just a weak gesture,
Because maybe, just maybe.

How long have you been waiting?
Just a few more incidences, just a little while longer in this silence.

9,
Savoring every second left in the long overdue deadline I have set.
Vainly. Prolonged.
Deliberately, tirelessly, pathetically extended for years.

10,

Until when will I endure?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I write less now

Sadness was my muse, I lived with her for decades she held me and cried with me in the dark, and I held her close, immortalized her in my wr...

Popular