Thursday, October 2, 2014

Extensions II

5,
Can you feel that? Can you hear that?
Listen to the aspirations in this sphere of silence I have long been in.
The silence I am still in. I chose to be in.
But, hear hear, slowly, the thuds are becoming--
becoming faint beats.
The screams to whispers,
Whispers to murmurs.
Murmurs to silence.
It seems that the longer I stay, the weaker my grasp, my clutch, my hold--
My hands are tired.

4,
Fainter and fainter, memory by memory until--
Wait, what was that again?
A little while more, I no longer know what I am holding on to
Much more, I do not even know even know why anymore
I look back and laugh at the wasted everything.

What’s left?

3,2,
Still there?

1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I write less now

Sadness was my muse, I lived with her for decades she held me and cried with me in the dark, and I held her close, immortalized her in my wr...

Popular